- France did not lose...when that is the best thing you can write that is not good. With the other Group A match ending in a draw France neither gained nor lost with the result.
- There were no injuries. When that is the second best thing one can say about the match...that is all one needs to know about this game.
- I was happy to see the play of Diaby, the Arsenal man showed some pace and creativity. He did attempt some
- Lloris was solid, he was not called upon too often but did make some sure handed saves when called upon.
- Speaking of keepers, much was made about the young Uruguayan keeper, Muslera. And how he was not the first choice and he was too young...well he played very well, did not get rattled and made a strong save on a Gourcuff free kick midway through the first half.
- Missed opportunities for France....and Uruguay as well. With both teams knowing the other game saw a sharing of the points, both nations knew if they could grab the full 3 points they would be a very advantageous position in the group standing. Both nations made some attempts to get the win, yet neither team seemed fully invested in the effort.
- So much "ugliness" for Les Bleus...not sure where to start. Govou? Again he seemed like a waste on the right side. Anelka looked okay at times but he constantly drifts too deep as a center forward. Ribery? Where was he more lots of the game? Gourcuff? Is he being properly used?? He, Ribery and Anelka seemed to get in each others' way on too many occasions. France just seemed out of sorts, no one seemed to take the reigns on the team on the pitch...maybe not having a Pat Vieira or Zizou on the field is showing in the leadership category. Could this increase the desire to see an Henry back in the starting XI?
On to Mexico next week....nerves on edge....