Saturday, June 23, 2012

Les Bleus...normal service resumes

Oh well...it could have been worse...after the first 20 minutes I thought France were going to get run off the pitch. But regular service was restored...alas. Not much to say...not much energy to say it. But here we go...

The Good:
  • Not much good...they made the 1/4 finals....won a game at a major tournament and didn't get run off the pitch. That is about it for Les Bleus.
The Bad:
  • Les Bleus have still not recovered from the Domenech era. Yes I am still harping on this, but I think this has had a real detrimental impact on Les Bleus. The last two tournaments France found no joy. They were not able to build anything or have any consistency with the players...let alone bring players through. I believe this has led to a leaderless team, no player has been allowed to develop and take ownership of the team. 
The Ugly:
  • France have to face Spain two more times...for the World Cup qualifiers! Well at least Les Bleus can get the second spot in the group.
  • Spanish diving....Ramos, Cesc, Busquets...I guess they are getting ready for the Olympics.

I will try to write more once I get over this! Oh well...

No comments: