Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Poor Rafa...Liverpool slips further away from the top 4

I am remiss in commenting on my friend Rafa and his band of merry men and their stunning game this week. A 1-0 loss to Wigan drops the Reds further down the table and farther away from Champions League football next season. Then again I am sure the Spaniard wouldn't care since he will most likely be in Torino managing the "Old Lady." Of course now Rafa is lashing out at his players, maybe it is because they have tuned him out and his litany of excuses. I have no love lost for the man, I think he is a very overrated manager, great for knock out competitions but cannot manage a club for the long haul, makes terrible decisions in the transfer market and overall does not seem to get how to run a club. I do have a chuckle that he is doing this with a storied franchise such as Liverpool but I am also shocked he has been allowed to do so for so long.

With Liverpool further away from Champions League football and money, I wonder if we will see a small fire sale this summer since the ownership is also under financial pressure...that would be interesting. Maybe Mascherano and Torres can find their ways to the Emirates!

No comments: