Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Equipe de France - the next 23

Okay I will admit that I have a slight problem, but I decided to put together my list of the "next 23" players for France. Let us just for fun, think that France were going to have another team not including the current 23 players nor the World Cup roster. So here is what I came up with...

GK: Landreau, Frey.

DEF: Mathieu, Kolodziejczak, Ciani, Koscielny, Kaboul, N'Goyi, Corchia, MDabo

MID: Cheyrou, Flamini, Mavuba, Gonalons, AitFana, Feghouli, Marveaux, Kakuta

FOR: Saha, Piquionne, Trezeguet, Gomis, Le Tallec (I would consider replacing Trezegol with Ngog, but I am not convinced that the former PSG striker can be a consistent goal scoring threat)

Strength for this team would be the defense. I might go with a 4-2-3-1 formation to leverage the depth at holding midfield depth.

Line up:
Frey - Mathieu, Koscielny, Ciani, MDabo - Mavuba, Flamini - AitFana, Feghouli, Kakuta - Saha (or maybe Trezegol)

Defense built around Frey and strong middle pairing of Ciani and Koscielny. They are a bit inexperienced by have bags of talent. Solid veteran in Mathieu on one flank, and a good attacking option. On the other flank Dabo who brings pace and an attacking flair.  A very young starting offensive midfield. for that reason I start a veteran holding midfield duo - Mavuba and Flamini. Lots of pace on the wings with Kakuta and Ait Fana. Feghouli will have much pressure to pull the strings in the midfield, something to watch for. Saha is a veteran up front that can help settle the youthful midfield.

Okay I promise I will not try to come up with the 4th list of 23...

No comments: