Wednesday, February 15, 2012

FIFA World Rankings...what a load of...

The new rankings are out!!! Yahhhh. Okay I realize I should write about the Champions League, but a)I had work so was not able to watch b)had I been able to watch I would have turned off the massacre in Milan...disgraceful...

But anyways, once again the FIFA world rankings are out...and Spain remains tops. But what always amuses me is how some nations seem to find themselves ranked. Uh England fifth? Really? Above Brazil and Italy? Really? Does anyone in their right mind really think England is the fifth best national side in the world? The other interesting fact, only two nations outside Europe in the top 10: Uruguay at #4 and Brazil at #7, Argentina is #11. The United States is down to #31, guess the Klinsmann experiment isn't going as expected...yet. Then again I heard rumors that Klinsmann might be called back to Europe to take over Tottenham if Redknapp heads off to manage England.

Once again the FIFA world ranks shows that they are about as important as the paper it would be printed on were we back in a paper news world!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, the fifa world rankings are total crap. somehow croatia is always in the top 10, whether or not they qualify for major tournaments (this time they did--barely--but they were also somehow in the top 10 during the 2008 world cup)

Anonymous said...

I just don't see how finishing second in your group to greece justifies a #9 world ranking

Anonymous said...

although they do have cool uniforms

GFC said...

I think that is a great indication of the bunk that are the rankings! Croatia is solid team but when have they gone far in any international tournament...other than 1998?