Friday, September 25, 2009

Great commercial - Evra and Nike

Ok I will admit, I have seen this video on a few other blogs, so I am not the first to have posted it, but it is a great commercial, very old school, very cool. Love how Nike has Rooney and Ribery make "cameos" in the video. I am sure it does not hurt that Nike will be kitting out France soon as well - the last segment of the video.



My question is always, why hasn't Adidas tried to poach some of the creative talent from Nike? While I a loyal Adidas consumer - I current wear the Predator and used to be a Copa loyalist - I will admit that Nike far outclasses their German counterpart when it comes to the ad wars. Although I did like the Adidas ad form the world cup where the two kids were picking teams...including old school Platini and Beckenbauer. Best part is when Zizou and Platini are on the same team and hug.



Even Reebok has had some great ads - aka Terrible Terry Tate! And since Adidas owns them, why not tap some of that advertising talent, at least hire the agency!

One of my favorite Terry Tate videos...a direct spoof of the the "just do it" ads run by Nike. This ad came out no less than 24 hours after Nike ran their ad of the streaker out running security at a club match in England, I am sure insider knowledge was had by Reebok (how else would they know the theme of Nike's ad) but brilliant ad.

No comments: