Wednesday, September 09, 2009

France v Serbia...the last hurrah for Domenech. Lets hope

The past few days have been full of talk about the division that appears to have occurred in the French camp between Domenech and his players. No need to rehash the discussion. Instead let us look ahead to the game...the only changed announced is that Abidal will be starting along side Gallas as the back central pairing.

I have strange feelings about this game. With all the pregame chatter about Domenech and the apparent mutiny at Clairefontaine I see the team going 2 directions:

  • They come up highly motivated - the team is united in wanting to show that they are high level professionals and damn the coach. They come out flying and win 3-0.
  • Or they come out flat, completely unmotivated by their managers statements about this game not counting and fall 3-0.
Unfortunately I see the later happening. This team is so disjointed right now, does not have a purpose or a direction. The nice result might be a new manager who might save us yet.

4 comments:

philip said...

I would be so upset right now with a tie. But since they got a red card in the beginning I can't complain.

Thierry Henry is the man. I have always complained about Mandanda but he impressed me today. That is just going to make it tougher for which goalie to pick.

Anonymous said...

saw the replay's and it was a dive. How the hell was that a red card.

nice comeback though France finally looked like they were playing with heart.

Anonymous said...

Great News maybe

Heard that Blanc could coach Bordeaux and France if FA fire Domenech

GFC said...

I fear that Domenech just saved his bacon after this game...ugh. Agree on Henry, he has shown me something the past two games. He is far from being done.