Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Titi Henry - back at home

I realize I am a bit behind, but watching the highlights of the Arsenal v Leeds FA Cup game brought back some warm and fuzzy feelings about Arsenal and when Titi Henry was the dominate striker in the Premier League:





Does Henry have another run in him for Arsenal? Maybe. When he first moved to Barcelona he found success playing in a 4-3-3 but soon found himself on the substitutes bench as the younger players took their spots with Barca. Titi then went to his retirement home in New York with Red Bull of the MLS...ooops sorry was that a low blow to the MLS?? I did watch a few games of Red Bull in the MLS, Henry still had the skill but seemed to lack to the desire, at times he appeared to be just going through the motions. I think Henry still has something left in the tank. I think that deep down inside Titi would rather be playing in Europe than in the MLS. I am not foolish enough to think that Henry could come back to Arsenal and start stringing together 90 minute games; however, I do think he could be a valuable asset to Arsenal as a substitute and spot starter.


I hope Henry continues to have success over the next two months for Arsenal, part of me hopes he makes this a permanent move. Seeing him in the red strip is almost as natural as seeing him in the France kit!

No comments: