Thursday, February 04, 2010

Laurent Blanc set to manage France...a few months too late?

According to sources, Laurent Blanc has already agreed in principal to take over the reigns of Les Bleus after the World Cup - Domenech's contract expires...thankfully. Good news? Time will tell. I think that the OM manager - Deschamps would still be my choice. Not that I think that the former France central defender would be a poor choice. I recognize that Blanc has turned Bordeaux back into a powerful side, winning the Ligue 1 title last season, getting out to a comfortable lead in this year's competition and finishing top of a difficult Champions League group. However I think that Deschamps still has a slight edge in terms of experience and having lived through the highs and lows of management - taking over Juventus in Serie B was not an enviable task.

While the FFF could not make a bad decision selecting either man, I wish they could make the change today and not in July.

3 comments:

GFC said...

One positive, guess what happened last time France hired a manager from Bordeaux to run the national team....Aime Jacquet 1998.

Jean-François said...

Our 2012 qualifying group is France, Romania, Bosnia, Albania, Belarus, and Luxembourg. The only real threat I see is Bosnia. And seems like we just can't push over Romania. However with a new coach I'm sure it will be quite simple. I would hope to see France get maximum points. However we'll see.

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro2012/news/newsid=1445453.html#euro+qualifying+draw+full

Anonymous said...

very useful article. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did anyone know that some chinese hacker had hacked twitter yesterday again.