Wednesday, November 18, 2009

France v Ireland....frightening rumor

I was reading "Everything French Football" a solid blog on French footie and a story he has posted on the potential starting line up for Les Bleus tomorrow...and it includes Escude at center back. Um are you serious? I cannot imagine how Dumbenech could serious contemplate starting Escude in the place of Squillaci. I realize that Escude naturally can play on the left side with Gallas on the right - I do not mean left back or right back, just left and right central defense. Other than this factor, I cannot understand why he would be favored over his Sevilla teammate. Squallaci is stronger in the air, more steady the past few matches and is a better re launcher of the attack.

Once again Domenech might pulls another surprise move - not calling up any cover for Diaby, Toulalan or Abidal...maybe starting Escude....sigh. Let us hope it does not come back to haunt Les Bleus.

No comments: