The Germany - Sweden game was really over at half time when the ref handed out a second yellow to Lucic on a completely BS call. Lucic barely grabbed Klose who crumbled like a house of cards. A verbal warning at most, maybe a yellow for Klose for diving, but the ref should be aware of the situation and a borderline call like that should not be made in such a way as to completely turn the game - reducing Sweden to 10 players. But this is just the first of many questionable calls:
- Non hand ball call in the France - Switzerland game, that could have given the French a PK and potentially a 1-0 game or at least opened things up.
- Essien questionable yellow in Ghana - USA, meaning he misses the Brazil game and invariably gives Ghana even less of a chance to pull off the upset.
- 2 offsides calls in the France-Togo game, both of which were clearly not offsides.
- Yellow card for Zidane against South Korea, when he touched the Korean player as he tried to avoid him.
- The US-Italy game, yellow cards, and red cards everywhere. The De Rossi one deserved, the Mastroni one I believe deserved due to the accumulation of hard play by the americans but still harsh, the second yellow for Pope (Again talk to the player knowing if he gets another he is off)
Then again why should things change - 1982 Schumacher almost cripples Battiston on a semi break away and suffers no punishement, 2002 Spain sees three goals dissallowed against South Korea, 1966 did the goal for England really cross the line against West Germany, etc....