Friday, January 30, 2009

The Arshavin saga continues

With the transfer window rapidly coming to a close, the saga with Arshavin heading to Arsenal remains on hold. The latest from Wenger.



Hmmm a work permit is rumor out there but not from Arsenal...hmm could Manchester City have swooped in with their vast coffers, now that they do not have to spend the 100m pounds on Kaka. The real question for me is, how much does Arsenal need the Russian playmaker? I think that the season for the Gunners will once again be one with out any silverware - Carling Cup done, FA Cup doubtful, Premier title 4th place would be a small miracle, Champions League very long shot....so that begs the question is it worth the long term investment in Arshavin, I say maybe. I do not see where the Russian will play in the greater squad. When Eduardo returns, assuming close to his former self which might be a stretch, I do not know what formation Arsenal will look to play? Will Arshavin sit behind the strikers? Will Adebayour and Eduardo be up front? Where will Walcott sit? I guess you can never have enough talent, especially in the modern footie, but I just see Arshavin as another Nasri, Walcott, Vela...solid offensive players, of slight stature. Not to say you cannot win with a bunch of smurfs, but some size would be nice.

Again I am not sure Arsenal needs Arshavin this season...and not sure they will need him next season.

4 comments:

SSJ said...

Hey Frog,

Sadly, I think Arshavin is a target for the now, but also as a potential long-term replacement for either Cesc or Rosicky or both. Cesc could leave in the summer, Rosicky could never be the same again. In that frame of mind, Arshavin is absolutely crucial to Arsenal...

GFC said...

Unfortunately I think you are right. Cesc, I think, is bound for Barca. They will make Arsenal a crazy offer and I think Cesc wants to play in Spain. Rosicky, I totally forgot about him, even if he comes back he is so fragile.

Does that mean we are looking at Arshavin as the pivot for the Arsenal midfield? That makes me nervous.

GFC said...

Arshavin is finally at Arsenal...sweet...I guess

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
might , perhaps very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may begin earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with offices everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a proper partner who uses your money in a right way - that`s it!.
I make 2G daily, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://lupajaqe.freehostyou.com/obonyd.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to become rich